Take in the scenery of Africa! with this simple excursion across three sturdy footbridges. Each bridge is 250 feet long and separated by an overlook platform elevated thirty feet above the Africa! exhibit. What a view!
In this exhilarating and unique experience, guests will start off 80 feet above the Africa! exhibit and coast over 760 feet across giraffe, watusi cattle, wildebeest and more.
Quick Jump Plunge
Take a quick and thrilling 30 foot jump off of the Expedition Africa! Aerial Adventure Course main tower on a controlled descent device that guides you back to the Africa! overlook deck.
Flight Line Free Fall
For those EXTREME adventurers really wanting to exit their comfort zone, our 80ft plunge is sure to get your adrenaline pumping!
Test your stamina as you traverse across the Africa! exhibit. Tackle a series of obstacles designed to challenge guests both mentally and physically, including rope bridges, swinging log crossings, horizontal climbing walls and much more.
approximately 3+ hours
Quick Jump Plunge
Flight Line Free Fall: $20
Locker Rental: $5
- All Guests must be between 70 lbs and 250 lbs.
- The Quick Jump is available for guests between 50 lbs and 250 lbs. The Quick Jump can be reserved as a stand-alone activity onsite only.
- WAIVER: All guests must sign a waiver before entering the course. Guests under the age of 18 require the signature of a parent or guardian.
- All participants under the age of 12 must be accompanied on course by a responsible adult.
- Participants are required to wear closed toe shoes that are sturdy and secure behind the heel. No Crocs, flip-flops, sandals or five-toed shoes.
- The Zoo does not recommend spaghetti straps or short shorts. Skirts are not permitted.
- Shoulder-length or longer hair must be pulled back.
- Participants must be able to lift 15lbs.
- The Aerial Adventure Course is not recommended for anyone with high blood pressure, heart conditions, neck/back/joint issues or any other medical condition that would require immediate medical attention or be exacerbated by participation.
- Pregnant women are not permitted on the course.
- The course is not recommended for those who have a severe fear of heights.
- There is no smoking, alcohol, or drug use permitted at any time prior to, or throughout the Aerial Adventure Course.
- The Aerial Adventure Staff will remove any guest from the course found to be endangering the safety of themselves, others, or the Zoo animals. Refunds will not be given in these situations.
Frequenty Asked Questions
HOW HIGH IS THE COURSE?
The course ranges from 30ft at the entry platform to 80ft at the Zipline platform.
HOW SAFE IS THE COURSE?
The Aerial Adventure Course was built, and will be certified each year, to meet and exceed industry standards of safety. It will be fully managed by continuously trained and safety certified staff members dedicated to providing a fun and enjoyable experience. All participants will be secured by rope and harness at all times, and all equipment is checked daily for safety. As with all adventure activities, there is some risk involved, but safety is our number one priority.
WHAT IF I AM AFRAID OF HEIGHTS?
Being nervous about heights is common and often individuals do not know how they will react at height, until they get up there. Our professionally trained staff will be there to coach and support guests through each challenge. All staff are trained in course safety and adhere to the “Challenge by Choice” philosophy: No one will be forced to do anything that they are not comfortable with.
WHAT ARE THE HOURS?
Weekends in May (Friday – Sunday): Adventures begin at 11 a.m. with the last start time at 3 p.m.
Memorial Day to Labor Day: Weekdays (Monday – Friday): Adventures begin at 11 a.m. and last start time is at 3 p.m. Weekends (Saturday – Sunday): Adventures begin at 10 a.m. and last start time is at 4 p.m.
Weekends in September (Saturday – Sunday): Adventures begin at 11 a.m. with the last start time at 3 p.m.
Weekends in October (Saturday – Sunday): Adventures begin at 11 a.m. with the last start time at 2 p.m.
DO I NEED A RESERVATION?
Reservations are suggested, however, adventures may be booked on site if scheduling permits.
IS THE COURSE ACCESSIBLE?
The Aerial Adventure Course is ADA friendly. Guests are encouraged to contact Adam Cassi, adventure course and amusement manager, at 419-385-5721 ext. 3148 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding accommodations.
IS THE COURSE EVER CLOSED DUE TO WEATHER?
The Aerial Adventure Course will run in the rain, as rain does not affect the safety of the activity in anyway. Guests who do not show up due to undesirable weather (i.e. rain, cold, etc) will not be issued a refund.
The Zoo will close and evacuate the course for unsafe weather such as thunder, lightning or high winds. Guests affected by severe weather will be offered a refund or the chance to reschedule.
The Toledo Zoo reserves the right to cancel reservations due to inclement weather, foreseeable hazards, low attendance or events beyond our control.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR / BRING?
• The Toledo Zoo will provide all equipment needed to safely participate in the Aerial Adventure including a seat harness, chest harness, trolley system, lanyards, safety clips, and a helmet.
• Please bring any medication that you may need at a moment’s notice, such as an Epipen or inhaler. Zip pouches will be provided to those in need of carrying fast-acting medications while on course.
• Closed toed shoes that are sturdy and secure behind the heel are required. No Crocs, flip-flops, sandals, or five-toed shoes.
• Skirts are not permitted.
• The Zoo does not recommend spaghetti straps, or short shorts.
• Please dress for the weather, as the Course is in full sun with little to no shade and wind may make the Course cooler.
• Shoulder-length or longer hair must be pulled back.
• Pockets must be empty. All loose items (cell phones, wallets, and cameras) and dangling jewelry/clothing must be removed prior to entering the Course. Lockers are available to rent.
• The Toledo Zoo is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items and will not retrieve any items that fall into the exhibit.
CAN I TAKE SELFIES AND SNAPCHAT WITH MY FRIENDS?
No cellphones and cameras are permitted on the Course. If you would like to document your experience GoPro Camera equipment can be rented and secured to your helmet.
SUPERVISION OF CHILDREN?
All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied on the course by a responsible adult.
SHOULD I TIP THE STAFF?
No, however, if you enjoyed your experience you may show your gratitude by giving the staff a donation that will be applied to the Toledo Zoo’s Conservation Today Initiative.
CAN I BUY A GIFT CERTIFICATE?
Toledo Zoo gift cards are available at local Kroger Stores. Please call Group Sales to reserve your Aerial Adventure experience with a gift card at 419-385-5721 ext. 6001.
STILL NEED MORE INFO?
If you have additional questions, feel free to contact the Adventure Course and Amusement Manager, Adam Cassi, at email@example.com or 419-385-5721 ext. 3148.