Everyone loves to visit the Toledo Zoo & Aquarium to see their favorite Zoo animals, but the experience can be even more wonderful with our Behind-the-Scenes Tours! Zoo staff will guide you through keeper areas where you can learn even more fascinating details about your favorite animals.
Before you begin…
Please note that Zoo admission fees are not included in tour ticket prices; admission tickets must be purchased prior to your tour so you can be admitted to the Zoo. Tickets can be purchased in advance online or at the Zoo gates. You should also review our ‘Tour Guidelines and Limitations’ section at the bottom of this page for additional information that may affect your reservations. All tours must be booked by 1:30 p.m. the day prior to the tour.
Standard Tours and Experiences: $30 – $35
Deluxe Tours and Experiences: $45 – $50
Premium Tours and Experiences: $60 – $65
Tour Guidelines and Limitations:
- Tour experiences may vary based on animals’ behavior that day
- For the majority of tours, all participants must be 5 years old or older
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an individual in their party who is at least 16 years old
- When you are on a tour, please follow all staff directions and remain with the group for your personal safety, as well as the welfare of the animals. Please do not touch and/or feed any of the animals you see unless instructed by Zoo staff
- All tours are walking tours and you will be on your feet the entire time
- Wagons and strollers are permitted in public areas during tours, but you will be asked to park them during behind-the-scenes portions due to space. Wheelchairs and scooters are accommodated, and we appreciate advance notification so we can be better prepared to meet your needs.
- Tours are subject to cancellation based on animal needs if necessary.
Cancellations & Refund Policy:
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to cancel a pre-booked tour
- If a tour is cancelled 2 days or more before the tour is scheduled to run, you can receive 100% refund or it can be rescheduled
- If a tour is cancelled the day before a tour is booked, you receive 50% refund or it can be rescheduled
- If a tour is cancelled the day of a tour or is a “no show,” no refund will be issued